We arrange a comprehensive Continuous Professional Training Programme to ensure that all those who work with children and young people have the most up to date knowledge and skills to ensure best practice and outcomes. Click here for the current course list.
How to access current training courses
If you are a Foster Carer and need to access current training resources then read on …
- Log on to sutton.gov.uk/childrenstraining
- The first time you use the system you will need to create an account by clicking ‘Register’ (on the top left)
- You can create one account between 2 people (if you are Fostering as a couple).
- Once the registration procedure has been completed you can begin to view and book training
- To view training courses click ‘Course List’ (on the green bar at the top).
- You can filter courses to just view Foster care courses by clicking the ‘Course Type’ drop down menu on the right hand side. Once you select ‘Training Courses’ you will then be prompted to pick ‘Foster Carer’ from a second drop down menu. Please note that as a Foster Carer you can also attend ‘LSCB (Local Safeguarding Children’s Board)’ training
- Now you have viewed the courses you can book the by clicking ‘Create Booking’ at the top. Once you do this you will be prompted to pick ‘Foster Care’ Training (unless you would like to attend LSCB training.
- Once you ‘Add’ all the courses you would like to attend click ‘Next’ on the top right hand side.
- If this is the first time you have used this you then need to select ‘Add New Attendee details’. Please note you will only ever have to do this the once as your details will be saved and so your name will be in a drop down menu for all future bookings.
- Once you have done this please click ‘Next’ and then Agree to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ and click ‘Next’ again
- Finally you click ‘Submit’
- You will receive and email to confirm your booking.